六、 Things That Might Have Happened 可能发生的事
676. I would have had a much better holiday if I had stayed at home.
我要是呆在家里的话,假期会好过的多。
677. What have you been doing since I saw you last time?
自从我上次见到你以后你都在干什么?
678. If I had got enough money yesterday, I would have bought that tape.
如果我昨天钱够的话,我就买了那盒磁带了。
679. Looking back on it, I think I shouldn't have given up the contest so easily.
回过头来看,我想我不应该如此轻易的放弃那次比赛。
680. Had I taken a taxi, I wouldn't have been late. 如果我打的去的话就不会迟到了。
681. Even if you take the exam again, you won't pass it.
就算再考一次你也通不过。
682. Even if you had given him much more money, he might not have paid off the debt.
就算你给了他更多的钱,他也还不清债务。
683. What would you have done if you hadn't gone out for a picnic yesterday?
如果你昨天没有出去野餐的话。你会干什么?
684. I wish I had told him the truth. 我真希望我把真相告诉了他。
685. I wish you hadn't cheated me. 我希望你没有欺骗我。
686. If it had been fine, we would have gone to the park.
如果天气好的话,我们就去公园了。
687. Would he have seen you if you hadn't waved to him?
如果你没有朝他挥手,他能看见你吗?
688. You should have studied much harder. 你本应该更努力的学习。
689. I had thought about arguing with the teacher about that, but I didn't have enough courage. 我本想和老师争论那个问题,但我没有足够的勇气。
690. I had thought about living with my grandparents when my parents went abroad last year. 当我的父母去年出国的时候,我本想和我的祖父母住在一起。
七、 Talking About Likes And Dislikes 询问喜欢和不喜欢的事
691. What's your favorite sport? 你最喜欢什么运动?
692. I like football best. 我最喜欢足球。
693. Football is my favorite. 足球是我最喜欢的。
694. Which do you prefer, fishing or mountain-climbing? 钓鱼和登山,你更喜欢哪一个?
695. Neither. 一个都不喜欢。
696. What do you like best, apples, pears, or bananas? 苹果,梨,香蕉,你最喜欢哪个?
697. He's crazy about Michael Jordan. 他疯狂喜爱迈克·乔丹。
698. She hates boxing. 她讨厌拳击。
699. She is sick of watching boxing. 她厌恶观看拳击。
700. She has good taste in clothes. 她对服装很有鉴赏力。
701. What do you like to do in your spare time? 空闲时你喜欢干什么?
702. I like collecting stamps. 我喜欢收集邮票。
703. I prefer tea to coffee. 和咖啡相比,我更喜欢茶。
704. What do you dislike most about this movie? 这部电影你最不喜欢什么?
705. I would rather sleep than watch this movie. 我情愿睡觉也不看这部电影。
八、 Putting Forward Your Own Opinions 提出自己的想法。
706. You should take the advice of your teacher. 你应该听老师的话?
707. That's just what I was looking for. 那正是我所期待的。
708. It might be, I suppose. 我想可能是这样。
709. Good try, but not quite right. 是个很好的尝试,但并不完全正确。
710. That's rather disappointing. 真是让人失望。
711. In my opinion, your new coat is not worth so much money.
我认为你的外套不值得这么多钱。
712. Would you mind not spitting everywhere? 不要随地吐痰行吗?
713. It's only a suggestion, you don't have to take it.
这只是一个建议,你可以不听。
714. If you really want my advice I don't think you should quit school.
如果你真想听我的意见,我想你不应该退学。
715. Thanks for your advice but I have to consider it myself.
谢谢你的建议,但我得自己想想。
716. He does not pay attention to anybody. You are wasting your time in persuading him.
他谁的话也不听,你劝他是在浪费时间。
717. I am old enough to make up my own mind. 我已经长大了,可以自己拿主意了。
718. Your work seems not satisfactory. 你的工作看起来并不令人满意。
719. What about your opinion? 你怎么想?
720. I generally agree with you. 我大体上同意你的看法。
九、 Asking For Help 请别人帮忙
721. Would you open the door for me, please? 你能替我开门吗?
722. With pleasure. 乐意帮忙。
723. Would you mind opening the window? 你介意开窗吗?
724. Not at all. 一点儿也不。
725. I wondered if you could buy me some pencils? 我不知道你是否能替我买铅笔?
726. Sure. 当然。
727. Would you be so kind as to lend me some money? 你能借我一点儿钱吗?
728. No problem. How much? 没问题,你要多少?
729. I hope I'm not bothering you. 我希望我没有打扰你。
730. I hope that will not cause you too much trouble. 我希望那不会给你添太多麻烦。
731. I really appreciate your help. 我非常感谢你的帮助。
732. I don't want to put you to any trouble. 我不想麻烦你。
733. Excuse me, would you give me a hand? 对不起,你能帮我个忙吗?
734. I'd be glad to help. 我乐意帮忙。
735. Would you mind mailing this letter for me? 你能替我寄这封信吗?
十、 Getting Ready For A Journey 准备旅行
736. I have so many things to do before I leave. 我走之前还有很多事情要做。
737. I have to drop by the bank to get some money. 我得到银行去取一下钱。
738. Traveler's check's are very convenient for long-distance travel.
旅行支票对于长途旅行很方便。
739. Do you have anything to declare? 你有什么东西要向海关申报的吗?
740. You have to apply for a passport in advance. 你必须提前申请护照。
741. You don't have to pay any duty on personal belongings. 个人物品不需要关税。
742. Make it an hour and a half. We have to get more food.
等一个半小时吧,我们还得多准备些事物。
743. Shall we ask Betty to join us? 我们应该叫贝蒂一起去吗?
744. I put myself entirely in your hands. 我按你说的办。
745. Can you tell me the phone number of the inquiry office?
您能告诉我问讯处的电话号码吗?
746. Do you like to take a local train or an express? 你想坐普通车还是特快?
747. I have bought a ticket for a sleeper. 我买了张卧铺票。
748. Have you reserved your ticket? 你订票了吗?
749. I would never have thought of it if you hadn't mentioned it.
如果不是你提起的话,我肯定想不到。
750. I will see you off at the railway station. 我会去机场送你。