社区应用 最新帖子 精华区 社区服务 会员列表 统计排行
主题 : 每天一起练口语——142课
级别: 论坛版主
显示用户信息 
50  发表于: 2004-05-13   
每天一起练口语(88)----邀约,提议(2)


应用会话部分:

二、人际关系的表达:

6. Invitation, Offer (2)

10) Have another piece of cake, please.
  请再吃一块蛋糕吧。

11) May I help you? /Do you need some help? /Is there anything I can do?
  要我帮忙吗?/需要我帮什么忙吗?/请坐。(有什么事情我可以帮你做?)
  *店员对顾客或跟面有疑难之色的对方交谈时常用的表达。

12) Here, let me carry half of those for you.
  喏,让我替你拿一半吧。

13) Do you want me to explain?
  让我替你说明好吗?

14) Why don't you bring Sarah and Kathy with you?
  你能把莎拉和凯茜一起带来吗?

15) She is free any time you need help.
  你需要帮忙时,请随时向她求助好了。
  *这是一个惯用语。

16) I will assist you in any way I can.
  你要我会的(能做到的),我什么事情都愿为你做。

17) Thank you for inviting me to speak at the dinner.
  谢谢你邀请我共进晚餐。

18) I am honored by the invitation.
  承蒙招待,深感荣幸。
        风来疏竹,风过而竹不留声;
                   雁渡寒潭,雁去而潭不留影。
级别: 论坛版主
显示用户信息 
51  发表于: 2004-05-15   
每天一起练口语(89)----思考(1)


应用会话部分:

三、智慧的表达:

1. Consideration (1)

1) At Xmas time, Debra began to dream of all the presents.
  到了圣诞节的时际,黛布拉开始梦想着所有的礼物。

2) He should meditate on the problem.
  他必须就那个问题好好地想一想。
  *meditate 是深思熟虑着的意思。

3) They could imagine who was at the door.
  他们无法想象门那边有谁在。

4) Peter must assume he is correct.
  皮特必然认为他是对的。

5) I suppose Randy will return tomorrow for her hat.
  我想兰蒂明天会自己回来拿她的帽子。

6) Donald will associate one fact with the other.
  唐纳德可望把一个事实和另一个事实连结起来。

7) Martha will expect you to come by at six o'clock for dinner.
  玛莎以为你在六点以前会来吃晚饭。

8) Please estimate your living costs for this month.
  请估计一下你这月的生活费用。

9) He did not conclude that Anna had misunderstood.
  他没法断定安娜是否存在误解。
        风来疏竹,风过而竹不留声;
                   雁渡寒潭,雁去而潭不留影。
级别: 论坛版主
显示用户信息 
52  发表于: 2004-05-15   
每天一起练口语(90)----思考(2)


应用会话部分:

三、智慧的表达:

1. Consideration (2)

10) What did Mathew think of my dance?
  不知道马休对我的舞技做何想法?

11) I could only guess the number of people in the room.
  我无法正确地猜测房间里面有多少人。

12) Can you picture yourself on a boat, on a river?
  你能想象你自己泛舟河上的情景吗?

13) Pam clearly saw in her mind what would happen.
  柏姆无法明白究竟发生了什么事。

14) Do not try to anticipate the answer.
  别预测答案。

15) Can David foresee the end of the job work?
  戴维能预知承揽工作的结果吗?

16) Karl must concentrate on his work.
  卡尔必须集中精力于自己的工作。

17) Please try to focus your attention on the speaker.
  请试着把注意力集中于演讲的人。

18) She can only speculate on the amount of damage done.
  她只知道推测损失额的方法。
        风来疏竹,风过而竹不留声;
                   雁渡寒潭,雁去而潭不留影。
级别: 论坛版主
显示用户信息 
53  发表于: 2004-05-16   
每天一起练口语(91)----判断(1)


应用会话部分:

三、智慧的表达:

2. Judgment (1)

1) That cat judged the distance before he leapt across the ditch.
  猫在越过沟渠以前便判断好其距离了。

2) Don't try judge young people by their appearance.
  不要从外表去判断年轻人。

3) Can you really judge his thoughts by his word?
  你真的能从言语判断他的想法吗?

4) The court must pass judgment on the accused man.
  法庭必须向被告宣示判决。

5) How can you possibly suppose that there is only one true religion?
  你怎么能推测真正的宗教只有一种呢?

6) I believe there is no way out of this forest.
  我相信没有路可以从这森林走出去。

7) Kristy had believed her brother was right from the beginning.
  克里斯蒂一开始便相信她哥哥是正确的。

8) Are you sure this is where we are to meet them?
  你确定要在这个地方和他们碰头吗?

9) Please speak slowly, so I can understand you.
  请慢慢地说,那样我就能听得懂你说的话了。
        风来疏竹,风过而竹不留声;
                   雁渡寒潭,雁去而潭不留影。
级别: 论坛版主
显示用户信息 
54  发表于: 2004-05-17   
每天一起练口语(92)----判断(2)


应用会话部分:

三、智慧的表达:

2. Judgment (2)

10) She couldn't discern the very slight differences between the two.
  她无法分辨双方为少的差异。

11) Can you tell one from the other?
  你能区别哪个是哪个吗?

12) Judge Hoffman sentenced the seven men to prison.
  赫夫曼法官对那七个人宣判入狱。

13) John could not decide when to leave.
  约翰无法决定几时要出发(离开)。

14) He can only speculate as to which horse will win the race.
  他只能推测那一匹在赛马中会获胜。

15) Which umpire will referee the baseball game?
  不知道哪一个裁判要执法这场棒球赛?

16) Paul will not continue to arbitrate their arguments.
  保罗不会继续替他们的吵架做和事佬吧。

17) The lawyer must announce that you are the true inheritor of the family fortune.
  律师必须公布你就是真正的遗产继承人。

18) I presume that this is your final answer.
  我认为这就是你最后的答复。
        风来疏竹,风过而竹不留声;
                   雁渡寒潭,雁去而潭不留影。
级别: 论坛版主
显示用户信息 
55  发表于: 2004-05-20   
每天一起练口语(93)----同意(1)


应用会话部分:

三、智慧的表达:

3. Agreement (1)

1) How can they possibly agree with you?
  他们怎么会同意你呢?

2) Pat's results are in agreement with the textbook experiment.
  柏德获得的实验结果和课本一致。

3) That is a very agreeable idea.
  那是很棒的创意。

4) The board won't approve of the budget for this year's expenditures.
  会议上将不会承认本年度的支出预算。

5) The president must have the approval of Congress to declare war.
  总统若要宣战,必须获得国会的承认。

6) Will Martha's consent to her marriage?
  玛莎的双亲会赞成她的婚事吗?

7) The Senator acceded to his defeat before the end of the election.
  那位参议员在选举结束以前就承认落选了。

8) Who will comply with the unjust laws?
  谁要遵守不正确的法律呢?

9) The defeated army must assent to the domination of the victors.
  被打败的军队必须同意胜利军队的支配。
        风来疏竹,风过而竹不留声;
                   雁渡寒潭,雁去而潭不留影。
级别: 论坛版主
显示用户信息 
56  发表于: 2004-05-20   
每天一起练口语(94)----同意(2)


应用会话部分:

三、智慧的表达:

3. Agreement (2)

10) The facts coincide with Mark's story.
  事实和马克的话吻合。
  *coincide 也有“偶然一致”的意思。

11) All the figures tally with the projected total.
  合计和预算的总额一致。

12) Many people's feelings concur on the subject of freedom.
  许多人的感情,在自由的问题上是一致的。

13) Do you have difficulty matching you feelings with words?
  你是很难把自己的心意用言语表达吗?

14) The percentage of the pay raise equals the increase in prices.
  薪水的提高比率和物价的上升一致。

15) We are of the same mind, so let us act quickly.
  我们心意一致,所以及早行动吧。

16) Those business partners are of equal mind on the matter.
  那些企业的合伙人对这个问题的意向是一致的。

17) Although men are very different, often they have the same feelings.
  人们虽然各自迥然不同,但是都具有相同的感情。

18) Don't you agree?
  你不同意吗?
        风来疏竹,风过而竹不留声;
                   雁渡寒潭,雁去而潭不留影。
级别: 论坛版主
显示用户信息 
57  发表于: 2004-05-20   
每天一起练口语(95)----计划(1)


应用会话部分:

三、智慧的表达:

4. Plan (1)

1) Will you plan to join me for dinner?
  你要跟我一起吃饭吗?
  *因为 plan 一词在,所以并非单纯地问要不要一起吃饭,也可以用于问对方有何打算。

2) No. I was planning to stay home.
  不,我打算呆在家里。

3) The adventure had been planned for quite a while.
  那项冒险曾经作了长期的周详计划。
  *这 plan 包括筹划和推敲细节的过程。

4) The United Nations conference is projected for next year.
  联合国大会预定明年召开。
  *projected 在此是 to be held 的意思。

5) Do you intend to finish before you leave?
  你在出去以前要把它做完吗?
  *intend to...是打算……,含有意志的计划。

6) For some time now, he has contemplated moving to America.
  他长久以来就在考虑移居美国了。
  *contemplate是指思考,思考定案即成 plan。

7) We are scheming to secretly cross the enemy territory.
  我们在秘密商定穿越敌占区的计划。
  *scheme 虽有 plan, design 之意,但在这里却被用于 plot for 之意。

8) Are you going to Paris after you leave here?
  离开这里以后,你打算去巴黎吗?
  *be going to...是指对最近之将来的预定。

9) The government expects to handle the crisis easily.
  政府预测将可毫无困难地度过这次危机。
  *expect 是预期之意。
        风来疏竹,风过而竹不留声;
                   雁渡寒潭,雁去而潭不留影。
级别: 论坛版主
显示用户信息 
58  发表于: 2004-05-22   
每天一起练口语(96)----计划(2)


应用会话部分:

三、智慧的表达:

4. Plan (2)

10) They intend to stop all traffic through the ports.
  他们预定关闭港口的全部交通。
  *intend 一词具有表示企图的 design.

11) What will you do now?
  现在你要怎么办?
  *will you do...和 do you intend to do ...同样意义。

12) He has a mind to become a revolutionary.
  他有当革命家的胸襟。
  *mind 有“思考、意向、心情等”之意,但 have a mind to do...是具有“想做”之意。

13) He can't really mean to work against us, can he?
  他不可能故意妨碍我们的,对吗?
  *mean 就是 have intention to 之意。

14) David must figure on at least seventy strong men for support.
  戴维至少须把七十个壮汉的协助计算进去。
  *figure on 是 take into consideration,意思是“列入考虑”。

15) Will his judges be so inclined to be lenient?
  他的判断那么容易流于宽大吗?
  *be inclined to...是指“有……之倾向”的意思。

16) All this time Dick has only thought of his own future.
  近些时来,迪克老是在思考自己的将来。

17) Does Karl hope to continue the relationship?
  卡尔希望继续保持那种关系吗?

18) They only want to solve domestic problems.
  他们只希望解决国内的问题。
        风来疏竹,风过而竹不留声;
                   雁渡寒潭,雁去而潭不留影。
级别: 论坛版主
显示用户信息 
59  发表于: 2004-05-22   
每天一起练口语(97)----推测(1)


应用会话部分:

三、智慧的表达:

5. Guess (1)

1) We can only guess what his next move might be.
  我们只能推测他在下一次将有什么动向。
  *这里的 guess 是指无十足的根据,只凭臆测之意。

2) If you can't remember, just try to guess.
  假如你想不起来,就猜一猜看。
  *这里的 guess 是全凭猜测。

3) What is your guess about the outcome of this meeting?
  你认为这项会议的结果将会如何呢?

4) Do you often doubt yourself?
  你时常怀疑自己吗?

5) There isn't much room for doubt in this matter.
  关于这件事,不大有质疑余地。

6) The doctor is afraid there is no hope for him.
  医生担忧他已经无望了。

7) I am afraid I will not be able to accompany you.
  我恐怕无法跟你在一起了。

8) She fears Tom will drop out of school.
  她担心汤姆会休学。

9) Harry fears the worst.
  哈里害怕最恶劣的事态。
        风来疏竹,风过而竹不留声;
                   雁渡寒潭,雁去而潭不留影。
描述
快速回复

按"Ctrl+Enter"直接提交